Advanced Textile Materials and Technology Research Institute (ATMT) was established in 1985 by the textile department of Amirkabir University of Technology (AUT) and the financial support of United Nation’s Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) under the name of "Synthetic Fibers and Textile Industries Research Centre (SFTRC)". In 2006, by extending the research activities and the deployment of advanced technologies such as nano-textile, bio-textile and technical textile technologies, the SFTRC reconstructed to ATMT.
1. Recycling the cellulose of jute of the carpet industry waste using the enzyme process.
2. Development of pilling properties of knitted fabric of polyester/viscose.
3. Determination of the optimum mix design of polypropylene in concrete to obtain lighter weight and higher strength concrete.
4. A method for making antibacterial textile of nylon.
5. Technical knowledge of scenting the worsted fabrics in the industrial scale.
6. Technical knowledge of tinting the black dyed fibers in worsted spinning.
7. Weight reduction of felts in car industries using hollow polyester fibers.